Family Pairs Bushcraft and Tracking
Location: North Essex
Suitable for: Family pairs,( father/son, mother/daughter), partnerships or small teams
(We recommend children should be over 6 years old – but please contact us to discuss this)
Previous Experience Required: None
Prices: £240-00 per pair
Duration: 3 days (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Dates: Please see below
This course takes place in a North Essex ancient wood and is designed primarily for family pairs and partnership bonding. We be in the woods learning about woodlands, developing skills and having fun on the way. Enjoyable but meaningful team tasks will develop your decision making without you knowing it and put you slightly out of your comfort zones. This assists with building and developing relationships and confidence.
This is suitable for father & son, mother & daughter, small family groups, or partnerships wishing to develop (or repair!) domestic or even business relationships.
Please note that this course is not a survival course, nor does it require participants to physically over-exert themselves.
Our skilled guides (both have experience in counselling and group development) will provide intriguing and eye-opening debriefs to develop your partnership if required. You will also have plenty of time alone in the peace of the woodlands to chat amongst yourselves.
The sessions could include:
- Skills; including carving or bushcraft skills including fire-lighting, shelter building and aspects of outdoor living.
- Countryman skills; Ferreting; snaring; trapping; game preparation (optional)
- Wildlife, plantlife, tree and environment identification for resource use
- Introduction to tracking – Introduction to the ancient art of tracking; compression shapes, feeding and other signs; telling the story in the tracks
- Team-building tasks including team tracking with team debrief & evaluations
- Woodland walk – Identifying plants, trees, tracks and signs & hopefully some animals. Using natural resources
- Any outdoor or team skills you or your group would like to progress
- Woodland awareness tasks and games
Courses start at 1800 (6pm) on Friday and finish 1500 (3pm) on Sunday
Please bring your own shelter (Tent/tarp/hammock)
The courses are self catering unless other wise stated. Please bring food and a stove. Drinking water will be provided.
You can view our suggested kit list here. Please contact us if you require assistance with kit.
You are welcome to bring your own knife, but we will supply one if it is needed. Please do not bring axes unless requested.
Sorry, no alcohol unless you contact us first (arrangements can be made for special occasions)
You will be sent the meeting point details on receipt of your final payment.
Step One – Book the Course
Step Two – Pay the Deposit or Full Amount
You must pay the deposit or the full amount online now. This will guarantee you a place subject to the Terms and Conditions. Your booking may be cancelled if we do not receive payment.
We will confirm receipt by email and inform you of the balance (if applicable) which must be paid at least 1o days prior to the course.
If you think you are eligible for a discount, just pay the deposit and we will send you an email confirmation and notification of the balance.
If you wish to pay by other means please let us know email@example.com